Education Assistance Scheme: Education forms the bedrock of a prosperous society, and governments across the globe are dedicated to ensuring access to quality education for everyone. In India, the state of Gujarat has taken a commendable stride towards empowering education with the implementation of the Shikshan Sahay Yojana. This visionary program is designed to extend financial assistance and valuable resources to deserving students and teachers within schools throughout the state.
Education Assistance Scheme
Class 1 to 5 = 1800 rupees
Class 6 to 8 = 2400 rupees
Class 9 to 10 8000 rupees
Standard: 11, 12 = Rs 10,000
after class 12 22,000
90 days from the date of commencement of the session/date of taking admission for educational assistance in the prescribed application form.
Shikshan Sahay Education Assistance Scheme Gujarat Rules
- To avail of the scheme, the construction worker must apply in the prescribed format and within the specified time limit. The application should be submitted within three months from admission in each academic year.
- Supporting documents, such as the certificate from the principal of the educational institution or the admit card, must be submitted along with the application to verify the admission.
- For hostel admissions, a certificate signed by the Rector/Warden of the concerned hostel or an authorized person from the institution must be provided.
- This educational assistance will only be granted to the sons/daughters and wives of construction workers (with an age limit of 30 years) who have taken admitted in government-recognized educational institutions/schools/colleges.
- Only two dependent children of the construction worker and the spouse (with an age limit of 30 years) will be eligible for this financial support.
- Children of construction workers studying as external students in government-recognized institutes/colleges will also be eligible for educational assistance, following the existing norms.
- Moreover, children of construction workers enrolled in the National Institute of Open Schooling are eligible for educational assistance.
- If a student fails once in an academic year/semester, they can avail of this assistance for the next year/semester for the same standard/class. However, this assistance will be limited to one trial only. If a student fails a second time in the same standard/class, they will not be eligible for further financial aid for that standard/class.
During the launch of the scheme which is primarily launched in Surat, the Chief Minister of the state Minister Vijay Rupani said that the government is working for the construction workers so that they get a healthy living condition. For their welfare the government has increased the fund for several schemes and the authority will also impart education related to the scheme.